Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hollister Family Portraits

On Autumn day about 5 years ago I drove for about an hour to meet the Hollister family at their house in CT. When I arrived I met Mom, Dad and their son, and we took a bunch of family photos of them.

Every year since then the Hollisters have had me back and they have always been full of new ideas, every year a different location and all within minutes of their house and always within a week of each other that year. I have developed such a great relationship with them and truly look forward to going there each fall and seeing how much the kids have grown and where we will head next.

I think what is so special is since I started photographing them, they added a daughter to the mix, and the kids get a long so great, and the family interaction is awesome. They are always up for anything, whether it is rolling in the leaves, or this year hiking to the waterfall, it's really special to see the way the kids love all the activities and how the parents make this fun for them.
The other really neat thing is they have the infamous "stair case" of photos, and every year they put my photos up their staircase, so every year when I come they show me the photos they had chosen from the previous year and how they arranged them. This year they also started a portfolio book and it was so wonderful to see the progression throughout the years and also see they plan on doing this until their kids are teenagers. It really just goes to show how priceless photos are and how important it is!
So email me or call me today to set up your session!
To see more of the Hollister family click here.
Thanks guys for another great year, already looking forward to seeing you again next year and see what you have up your sleeve :)

No comments: