Monday, June 9, 2008

A Mother and Her Daughter

A few weeks back I took a trip to Colchester to visit a former bride, and friend, Alison and her mom Noreen. Alison and I met a few months before her wedding and hit it off really well, she is such a sweet girl and so easy to work with that when she asked me if I could photograph her and her mom I jumped to it. Alison and Matt got married last September and had an awesome wedding, however shortly after, Alison lost her uncle and her father all within a two week period. Talk about heart breaking. So she and her mom realized how important it was to have photos of themselves and have memories to pass down to some day, another generation :)
So I drive about an hour to their lake house in Colchester and arrive on this beautiful sunny day to this little house in the "middle of no where" and it is the most beautiful, peaceful, calming, relaxing, awesome place you could be to just chill out. The site itself was perfect, their house was literally on the water, with a cute little dock and paddle boat in back. As I took their photos I said to them over and over how lucky they were and how awesome this place was and how neat they could have this little get away for the two of them whenever they wanted it. Needless to say I had a great time catching up with Alison and listening to her new job career in hopes to be come a wedding planner, so for all of you who are looking for a coordinator let me know and I'll get you her info. And for the rest of you moms and daughters or mom's and son's for that matter, there is no time like the present to capture those family photos!

No comments: