Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011

Wow, it's hard to believe it's already 2011, where does the time go? This past year of course was filled with so many amazing things for me, personally with the pregnancy and birth of my son, Michael. It was also a good year in business considering I was having a baby at the end of wedding season and in the peak of family portraits for holiday cards! I have some amazing clients, thanks to all of you, who supported me throughout this year! Before we get too far into the new year I figured I should update some goals for the year and encourage all of you to do the same. It's too frequently that we think about the goals but don't take the time to write them down so therefore often forget about them. If you'd like to share any of your goals, I'd love to hear them. They can be personal, business, silly, anything, as you'll see I have a mix of it too!

Mine aren't in any order, just goals in general. Here I go.

Goal 1: Promote/market my business better. With all the technology out now, I need to really take advantage of it and reach out to different people. As much as I love all of you and never want to lose you, I also want to meet your family, friends, and co-workers to see what other awesome people there are out there. I want to re-do my website, and post more regularly on my blog and facebook. However, I promise NOT to post things such as, "I just went to the grocery store" because I know you don't care!!!

Goal 2: Make time for myself and my hubby and I. Of course now with the greatest addition to our family, the birth of our son, I always promised my husband that we would ALWAYS create time for us, I have tried for the last 8 weeks to do that but it is hard as sleep is so unpredictable, however I never want to lose the "us" and strongly feel you need to make time for just the 2 of you. BUT I also want time for myself. I love more than anything taking care of my son, my dog and my husband, but I also LOVE a little down time. For me the simple act of going to the gym is something I now cherish.... which leads to my next goal:

Goal 3: Start running again. Gosh, to think what it took to make me miss it. I don't know if many of you know this but I was a big time runner! I ran 3 seasons in high school and then got a college scholarship to run at CCSU a division one school. It was the best decision I had made and a fun, yet intense part of my life. I LOVED running, and I was good at it, but then towards the end of my senior year, I had had it, I was tired, bored and just ready for it to be over. I honestly thought it would be a two week break and I would be back at it, well that was almost 9 years ago, I'd say it's time to get back into it! I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather so I can take advantage. I want to take my son and my dog for daily runs and maybe once I get back into the swing of things I'd like to think about running a half marathon, or at the very least a few good road races.

Goal 4: Document my sons life. I always fear that I won't take the photos that I encourage all of you to take of your family with my own. I don't want to document his every move, but I'd like to keep up with taking monthly photos at the very least, and hopefully more than just the first year too! And maybe even every once in a while throw in pics of us as a family as well, even if we aren't in the shape we want to be, pictures are so precious and something that will be treasured forever!

Goal 5: Be more thankful. I always internally am so appreciative of so many things but often realize I don't communicate that. Why is it so difficult to say thank you, or to say, " you look great" and to really be thankful. There is so much in my life to be thankful for and I'd like every day to be verbally thankful. Here are a few that come to mind now. I'm so thankful for my beautiful, happy, healthy son. I'm thankful for the amazing man I married who is my best friend and who supports me in everything I do and who made me the happiest woman in the world with the birth of our son. I'm thankful for my family, for their health, and happiness. I'm thankful my parents are finally traveling and are able to do so. I'm thankful for my job, I love being a photographer, I love meeting people and leaving you with photos that will last a lifetime and bring happiness to your lives. I'm thankful for technology, for facebook, for blogs, for email, for skype you name it, how amazing is all this? I'm thankful for hugs, kisses and I love yous!

That's what I've come up with so far but maybe as the year goes on I'll come up with a few more. Feel free to share your goals for the year too, maybe we can all encourage each other to stay on task and reach those goals!

No comments: